Teacher Orientation Programmes
- Teacher Orientation :-Inservice training programmes conducted for 21 days in the month of May
- Mr.Swamy, Physical Education Teacher attended a 12 days orientation programme at Rani Laxmi Bai College of Physical Education at Gwalior
- Seven Teachers attended one day workshop organized by CII
- Mrs. Kanthimathy successfully completed 9 week online training in PL/SQL from 28th April 2008 followed by classroom session at NTU, Singapore between 5th July 2008 and 12th July 2008.
- Principal, Sri S A Nair, attended an up scaling program in PLI at Nanyang Technology University, Singapore
Web play India – First link to India
BGS NPS was one among the 3 schools in India which was privileged of being the agents for a 6 week pilot program web play, linking schools in Bangalore and Harrow, London.
Explored what it is like to live in city in another part of the world, Focus was on learning about an international community through online research and the work included drama, model making, interacting with theatre personalities. The project provided professional development opportunities for the teachers.
Ms. Savitha Suverna, Ms. Suprabha N and Ms. Monica J – Lead Coach for Web play India
Awards and Recognitions
- National Level Best Project – Need of the Hour – Nuclear Power
Event Organized by – Oracle Education Foundation
The project highlighted on the need for an alternative energy source. A team of five students with the lead Coach Ms. Monica J and The Principal, Sri S A Nair were honoured by
Dr. G Madhavan Nair the then ISRO Chairman. The team was fortunate enough to visit Satish Dhawan Space Centre, Shriharikota and observed the Launch Pads which were ready to launch the Chandrayan
- Master Samarth Jain of Class II secured 2nd Position in an International Competition “Look and Learn”.
- Ms. Savitha Suverna awarded ceritificate for Best online Teacher Question 2007 asked to the Scientists of ISRO as a part of Space Programme organized by Oracle Education Foundation, India
- Project Titled ‘Gift of Nature – The Cow’, International Level Website Designed by Students lead by Ms. Savitha Suverna (Published in the Think Quest Library)
Visit of Eminent Personalities – sharing of their experiences and wise thoughts
- Dr. E Prabhakar, Convener, CBSE Inspection Team and Asst. Commissioner, Kendriya Vidyalaya Sangathan
- Sydney Thormbury – Manager, Web play from London Bridge as a facilitator for student and Teacher Exchange programme with Schools of India and London
- Mrs. Lakshmi Chandrashekaran – Kannada Actress and Theatre personality
- Sri P.Chandramohan – Motivational Speaker, Leaders’ Academy
- Sri Y S Rajan – an eminent Scientist and colleague of Dr.A.P.J Abdul Kalam and advisor CII
- Dr. Sudhamahi – Former Vice Chancellor, Jain Viswa Bharathi University, Rajasthan.
- Sri S Raghunathan – Former Chief Secretary & advisor – National Knowledge Commission
- Sri Cheluvaray Swamy – Ex Transport Minister, Government of Kanrnataka as Guest of Honour for the Second Annual School Day
- Smt.Tara, notable Kannada Film Actress, as Guest of Honour for the Second Annual School Day
Extended Infrastructure to facilitate the Learners
- Inauguration of Junior Computer Science Laboratory
- Bhoomi Pooja of Auditorium Block
Educational Field Trip
- Thekkady and Munnar, Kerala